Explore with Jace Session Terms
**THIS ISN'T JUST LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO. ACTUALLY TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ IT. YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW THIS INFO BEFORE WE START.**
Howdy and welcome to life’s greatest adventure!
Before we have our session/call, there are a few things for you to go over and confirm. Our time/work together will be referred to here as the "relationship." This page will explain what to expect in the relationship, what will be expected of you in the relationship and the terms of the relationship.
Please review and confirm everything before scheduling your session. If you have any questions, you can reach out to me at [email protected]
This Agreement is entered into by and between Jace Downey Enterprises, LLC (hereinafter referred to as “I” or “Jace”) and you (hereinafter referred to as “you” or “Client”).
What to expect from me and this relationship:
This is a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires you to maximize personal potential.
Often this requires experimenting with new ideas, stepping out of comfort zones that have become obstacles to growth, or dropping old beliefs, attitudes and assumptions that no longer serve you and your vision. Our session may include value clarification, brainstorming, identifying plans of action, examining modes of operation in life, asking clarifying questions, and making empowering requests or suggestions for action. Additionally, you may be asked to reflect on difficult topics or situations which may result in an expression of emotions.
During the session, I will devote my time, thoughts, and energy to you, exclusively. I will bring attentive listening, understanding, belief in you and commitment to your success. You can expect me to challenge you, offer fresh perspectives, make requests (including assigning fieldwork), acknowledge your wins, and guarantee utmost confidentiality (to the fullest extent of the law, and so long as I don't fear for your or another's safety) in the powerful, sacred relationship. I won’t act as a mentor, teacher or consultant. Instead, serving as a facilitator of you identifying what you want to create for yourself and your life. Skilled in using powerful questioning and listening techniques as well as strong intuition, I will be more like a collaborator in your achieving success.
What will be expected of you in the relationship:
Throughout the working relationship, I will engage in direct and personal conversations with you. You understand that this process requires a co-active collaborative approach between the two of us. During our session, I will play the role of a facilitator of change, but it is your responsibility to enact or bring about the change. I cannot guarantee results. You will create powerful results by having the courage and determination to forward the action in your life.
You acknowledge this is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of your life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education, spirituality and recreation. Deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate the discussed principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively your responsibility.
I will share information, resources and fieldwork to support the work you are doing. This is intended to help you keep focused and moving forward. You will be expected to take action with anything that feels true for you.
You agree to honor the scheduled session times. In the event you need to cancel or reschedule a session, please provide me a 24-hour notice prior to cancelling/ rescheduling.
There will be a 10 minute grace period at the beginning of our session to accommodate unexpected circumstances that result in being late; however, this time will not be added to the end of the call. Calls will end on time. If you do not arrive within that grace period, you forfeit the session. Should there be exceptional circumstances, it is within my discretion to reschedule the call.
If during our session I do or say anything that upsets you or doesn't feel right, please bring it to my attention so that it can be resolved as soon as possible. The objective is to have a relationship that is fully open, honest, real and trusting in our communication styles. You understand that in order to enhance the relationship, you must agree to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
Terms of relationship:
In addition to the sections above, you agree to following terms:
1. Compensation: The cost for working together through this Exploration Session is $222.
All payments go through PayPal's or Stripes secure servers. Jace Downey or associates never have access to your credit card payment.
2. Termination: If during the session you feel it is not of value to you, you may terminate the session at any time. Please be prepared and open to share your feedback about the session and what didn’t work for you so that I may continue to improve the value I provide.
Should the session become inappropriate or destructive, I reserve the right to terminate it without notice.
If you feel our work together is not beneficial to you* or in alignment with this agreement, you can cancel. If you feel a refund is due for monies already paid, contact me at [email protected] to discuss a refund.
*Please note, single sessions are for exploration purposes only. Deep healing and transformation occur with consistent, strategic work done over time.
3. Health: Your solely responsible for creating and implementing your own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the relationship and sessions and interactions. As such, you agree that Jace is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by Jace. You understand this is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease. You acknowledge that this process does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that it is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance use treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is your exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that you promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of this relationship agreed upon by these terms.
4. Technology: It is important to be aware of the use of technology in that for some people, there is a risk in using certain media such as the internet, mobile phones and cordless phones. If you use these to communicate with me, then I will assume that it is appropriate to continue to do so in my interactions with you. Additional resources may be shared by mail, e-mail and phone throughout the relationship. I cannot be responsible for any technology/connection issues that may arise. Should a session be delayed or interrupted due to issues with technology/connection, efforts will be made to reschedule the lost time.
5. Confidentiality: Both Parties acknowledge and understand the confidential and privileged nature of information shared between them and agree to use commercially reasonable efforts to not disclose any such confidential information to anyone else and to prevent the unauthorized, negligent or inadvertent use or disclosure of any such confidential information. Disclosed information will not be deemed confidential hereunder if: (i) it is now or later becomes publicly known, other than through the fault of the receiving party; (ii) it is known to the receiving party at the time of disclosure; (iii) it is rightfully obtained by the receiving party from a third party without restriction and without breach of this proposal or any similar agreement; and/or (iv) it is independently developed by the receiving party without access to the disclosing party’s information. Notwithstanding the foregoing restrictions, the parties may use and disclose any information: (A) to the extent required by an order of any court or other governmental authority; or (B) as reasonably necessary for it to protect its interest in this Agreement, but in each case only after the party whose information is being disclosed has been so notified and has had the opportunity, if reasonably possible, to obtain, at the disclosing party’s sole cost and expense, reasonable protection for such information in connection with such disclosure.
6. Disclaimer – I will provide services in the capacity of a guide only. I do not represent that I am a therapist, counsellor, doctor, or any similar licensed professional at any time before, during, or after the completion of the program/sessions/interactions.
7. Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, and Release of Claims: Jace may not be held responsible in any way for the information that you request or receive during our work/time together. By signing this Agreement, you fully and completely holds harmless, indemnifies and releases Jace and any employees, staff, consultants, agents, or anyone affiliated with her from any and all liability, damages, causes of action, allegations, suits, sums of money, claims and demands whatsoever, in law or equity, that you ever had, now have or will have in the future against Jace, arising from your participation in the program or in any way related to the Agreement.
8. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution: This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to any otherwise applicable principles of conflicts of law. Any controversy or claim arising out of this Agreement will first be negotiated in good faith between the parties themselves. If negotiations fail, any legal suit, action, or proceeding relating to this Agreement will be instituted in the federal or state courts located in Travis County, Texas. Each Party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
9. Notices: All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications under this Agreement (each, a “Notice”, and with the correlative meaning “Notify”) must be in writing and addressed to the other Party at its address set forth in the signature box of this Agreement (or to such other address that the receiving Party may designate from time to time in accordance with this Section).
10. Severability: If any term or provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
By scheduling our session and clicking the confirmation button, you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and policies.